Sunday, March 30, 2008

Growing Up! Oh My!


I often thought that my girls would be grown up when they got married and had kids. Boy was I wrong. I realized Mandy had grown up so to speak when she visits and she no longer has to be asked to do the dishes or I can tell she really means it when she says thank you.

I really want to brag about Lauren. I will fill you in later about Mandy and her school and travels later.

Just like her big sister the first time I realized Lauren really was growing up was seeing her for the first time in their prom dresses. WOW is all I can think of (See Pic). Lauren is now also starting to be more outspoken and take on her own personality when it comes to dealing with me. By that I mean she argues with me more now about what she thinks instead of just saying yes Dad all the time. I remember what it was like to be a teenager in a house where your feelings were not allowed to be expressed very frequently if at all. So I try my best to listen more.
Lauren will be driving in a couple of months also. I wish there was an anti stress pill for the both of us before we go out on that first lesson. Any suggestions are appreciated. I don't mean for a good drug either! She is very sensitive and I think she might take some of the things I am saying to her as being too critical. I am sure we will be just fine. I just wanted to sound off a little and prepare myself some by writing about it here. I also just wanted to show every what a beautiful daughter I have.

2 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Well, you've done quite well so far, so I'm not worried. Both girls are young women anyone would be proud to call their own. I don't look forward to those days, but at least we know what NOT to do, right? :)

Michelle W said...

You are SO right about both of your girls - they are beautiful and so loving and kind.
For the driving, I would suggest that you try to be "cool". I remember our brother Tim teaching me to drive a stick shift. I can recall a stop sign at a hill where I kept snubbing it. The cars behind me started beeping. Instead of getting frustrated with me, Tim rolled the window down, stuck his arm out, and gave them all the finger. Loved it! Made me feel less pressured about what the cars behind me thought. Assuming you don't get yourself beat up, I think it's a great idea. Good luck! Michelle