Saturday, March 8, 2008

Bathroom Thoughts are the Deepest!




A few days ago my sister Barb wrote in her blog a funny story about texting from the bathroom and few days earlier my other sister Mary wrote about looking at her inner self in the bathroom mirror. So too keep with the bathroom theme, here are a few thoughts of mine while I am in the bathroom. I tend to peek out of the shades and look out the window. Across the street is the local church where there is always something going on. I try to imagine all that has happened there over the years. How many masses? Weddings? Funerals? First Communions? Confirmations? Picnics? This church is going to be torn down soon and replaced by a new one out of town. I often think of the day my parents were married there and what that day was like. Model A's or T's lined up out front. Was rice thrown? Was there a party after? I will definitely have to ask Mom about that some more.
One summer day I was outside washing my car and got the crap scared out of me from the guns being fired in a final salute to a veteran at his funeral. I stopped and stood at attention and paid my respects. That reminded me of my fathers funeral where he too was honored with a gun salute and taps. I also get to see neighbors in there pajamas letting the dog out or the lady walking her dog past the house. Or the kids walking home from school.
Maybe the reason I find this interesting is I use to live in the country and never saw more than a few squirrels and birds in the backyard when looking out the kitchen window into the woods. Now I have a live view from my throne of a different kind of wild life.
I think every house I live in from now on will have to have a view from the throne. It gives me time to just relax and observe all the things happening around me. Taking time to reflect and observe those around you is always fun to do even if your not on the throne!

3 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Wow! Who knew that guys sitting on their toilets were so philosophical?! (I thought they only read magazines!) I didn't realize Mom and Dad were married in that church; that's neat. Sweet post.

Skeeter said...

Yes, absolutely. The backyard critters add something wonderful to the mix.

Unknown said...

That was really sweet dad... but now all I can think of is you on the toilet!! LOL... luv yah :) ~Mandy