Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lauren's Dating!!!!!


Can I renig on a promise to let Lauren date when she turned 16? She has been 16 for two months and approached me a couple of weeks ago about dating.

Well her first date was him coming over to play WII and watch a movie. No problems and he seems to be a good kid.

The second date (valentines day) was more nerve racking for me. It started with him telling me when I answered the door that the flowers he was holding were not for me:) While they were watching a movie in the other room the door closes by itself and I have to go in and prop it open. Then I notice their sitting together with a blanket covering them. I remember my youth and cringe and scream inside but bite my lip and walk away. She understands my concerns and now the new rule is that if a blanket is used then they need to be in seperate chairs. I need help! Mandy rarely brought boyfriends over so this is somewhat new to me. Am I overreacting? I am glad she feels comfortable having him over rather than who knows were else.

I need to know what you women think about this. What do little girls want their dads to do? I thought about having my step son over to clean his guns when I introduced him to her 6'6" 300#plus step brother. Ok I'm just kidding I will leave the guns in a safe place.

I am done venting now. I am all ears. What do you think?

1 comment:

Mrs4444 said...

I think your blanket rule is a good one. You have to give kids the limits that their still-developing brains can't see. It also gives them a reason to keep it cool. You're being the dad; that's your job, and you're doing it well :)