Friday, January 4, 2008

The start of the race!

I am a newbie at this so bear with me on this. I was inspired to do this after seeing what my sister put together in her blog. I saw how much she injoyed telling stories about her family. It reminded of the days after our father died.

We all gathered at Mom's and watched a video interview of my Niece interviewing him. I learned several new things about my Dad that day(Thanks Nicki). I hope that this blog about whatever I want to write about will help my family to better understand who I am from a more personal view. Tuff guys like my Dad always had a hard time expressing ourselves to the ones whe love. My hope is that this blog will help everyone in my family understand each other better and grow stronger because of it.

The title is Ready, Set, Go because thats how I now try to live life. Like its a race to have fun and really live life not just go to work every day and collect a paycheck. Lets GO!

2 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

I'm with you! I'm so excited that you are doing this, because I know how fun it's been and would love to get to know you better. I had no idea you could write, either, so that's a bonus; your first post is thoughtful and sweet.

You have always been (in my mind) The Sentimental Brother, and I like that about you. (By the way, are you the one who wanted a copy of Dad's letters to Mom?)

Would you like me to add a link (to your blog) to the family blog?

Rooster said...

Thanks for your encouraging words! No I can not write but am going to give it my best shot. Maybe a link to the family blog should wait until I get my feet wet and I am comfortable doing this blog thing. Yes I am the one who asked for a copy of Dads letter to Mom.